Monday, 1 July 2013

'LOGO What am I?' review and COMPETITION

Read on to find out about this exciting family board game and enter the competition to win a copy for your family


I was sent LOGO What Am I? to review by the kindly folks over at Drumond Park. This is the latest multi-award winning game fresh from Drumond Park, which now boasts three activities built into the game. Players can choose to guess, draw or use their describing skills to race to the finish. Players have 60 seconds, using the timer provided, to try and draw, describe or guess what is on their opponents card.

The pack of cards features lots of well known companies and brands and other products. The game comes complete with  a colourful board, playing pieces, 60 second timer and hundreds of the cards.

On the 'draw it' round the player has 2 options; i.e. Banana or Gillette Razor. The player has to quickly draw their chosen option whilst everyone else gets to call out what they think it is. Sometimes it takes only a quick sketch but sometimes it takes a more complicated drawing before anyone guesses. Whoever guesses correctly jointly wins the round.

On the 'Describe it' round the player has 60 seconds to describe the three products or brands on the card; these are all everyday objects, for example, Mr Whippy, Corn Flakes or Rubber duck. When describing the player is not allowed to say which letter their word begins with, or any part of the word and they are not permitted to use rhyming clues or a performance to help!

'Guess it' round involves a picture of a product or brand, for example, a crumpet or Butterkist popcorn. Everyone has to try and guess what it is by asking questions. Again the person who guesses correctly is a joint winner and both players get to move their playing pieces.

It is a race to the finish with the first player to throw the dice to move them onto or past the LOGO What Am I? centre zone who wins the game, jointly with the player who guesses correctly with them on that round.

We enjoyed playing the game and there were lots of laughs along the way along with children leaping up and down as the 60 second sand timer was running out!  My 10 year old daughter invited some of her friends around to play it and this is what they had to say about LOGO What Am I?

"It's fun and it makes you think" ,



 " When you play it it makes your brain work harder",

 "Asking the questions is the best bit",



 "I used the pictures around the board to help me with my guesses and questions",

"You may need an adult with you to play because we didn't know what some of the cards were"

I conquer with the last quote as some of the brands my children would never have seen or heard of so they did need help or I suggested that if they didn't know but wanted to play without any help to just swap the card.

The game is suggested for age 8+ and retails at £24.99. It is one of those board games that will come out of the cupboard time and time again. Great for taking on holiday with you!
Thanks to Drumond Park for letting our family review this product, we had great fun and will continue to do so. My younger children want to have a go as they get older so I am sure we will continue to get plenty of fun out of it.

Competition Time 

Good Luck Everyone and I know you will enjoy the prize.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

84 comments:

  1. My parents and myself and the rest of the family over Christmas :) We always play a new board game x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do as well. Thanks for the entry was beginning to panic that it wasn't working!

      Delete
    2. We do as well. Thanks for the entry was beginning to panic that it wasn't working!

      Delete
  2. I love board games that I can play as a family. Especially for rainy days during the summer holidays when it's impossible to keep the kids occupied

    ReplyDelete
  3. it would be great for the whole family

    ReplyDelete
  4. we would be able to have a different game for game night i'm getting fed up off winning monopoly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Because we all love drawing!! (frances hopkins)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are always on the look out for new board games to play at family get-togethers. This looks like great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great family game.. we have family coming over the summer from Australia so this would be perfect to all play together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love to play games as a family and this sounds like good fun and something my 5 and 8 year old will have no problems understanding. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Emma Ellison7 July 2013 13:40

    It looks like a great family game we'd all enjoy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma Ellison7 July 2013 13:44

      And I'd love to win to play with mine! Especially good for those rainy days :-)

      Delete
  10. I'd love to win it as I think I'd really enjoy it and would be a great bonding experience for my 2 girls x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes! It would help my son with his drawing sklls and get us all talking and laughing!

    LAURA H

    ReplyDelete
  12. i would love to win this to play with my children - it looks cool xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. i think everyone would my 5yr old very brand aware so would enjoy i think but need help to draw

    ReplyDelete
  14. id love to win as i enjoy board games and brings family together

    ReplyDelete
  15. The whole family would love it

    ReplyDelete
  16. My granddaughter. Having two big brothers has made her fiercely competitive and she adores this kind of game.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The whole family, we love playing games together

    ReplyDelete
  18. We are always looking for different games to keep the kids entertained

    ReplyDelete
  19. my husband and I could play this when our daughters have gone to bed :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. It would be good to try playing a new board game with the family to see how the children find playing it

    ReplyDelete
  21. My whole family and especially me :) I'm such a big kid!

    ReplyDelete
  22. everyone would love this game would love to win because it would be good a good game to bring out at birthdays and Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would love to win as it looks like such good fun and we have a family games night every Sunday so this could become part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'd love to win as me and my partner are a bit lacking in board games for when his kids come over and I think it would be a lot more fun than a computer game!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. all my family! because we all love sitting down together and playing games. it's better than watching the TV or playing XBOX!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The whole family would enjoy this game as it would be great for games night

    ReplyDelete
  27. we would as a family, we regularly play board games together.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I want to win, so we have another game to choose from, besides it looks great fund

    ReplyDelete
  29. All family. We love board games ;}

    ReplyDelete
  30. i'd emjoy this at xmas ii when we recreate xmas with our friends not family!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I want to win, because we own just one board game, would be good to get new one :}

    ReplyDelete
  32. I think the whole family would enjoy this board game , well my family would , my daughters, partner and parents , we all like playing boardgames :-)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'd love to win this to play with both my kids (10 and 7). It's something we could all play together as a family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. we would all enjoy this - well all love board games, particularly ones that all ages can enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I would like to win it as we haven't played this game yet.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Everyone! Its such a fun concept for a game

    ReplyDelete
  37. My 4 girls would love playing this game with me and their dad, would keep them entertained on those rainy days indoors!

    ReplyDelete
  38. this is such a cool idea for a game me and my whole family would love it as we sometimes play games together and it always ends in fits of laughter .... I think there is nothing better to bring the family together.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I would love to win so that we could formally induct my boyfriend to one of our game nights :) I know he would love it

    ReplyDelete
  40. Lynsey Buchanan7 July 2013 16:30

    the whole family would enjoy it we have a games night every sunday

    ReplyDelete
  41. Lynsey Buchanan7 July 2013 16:31

    we would love a new board game to try

    ReplyDelete
  42. My Little Girl She always drawing things :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. All four of my kids as they love board games and have started to see how playing together (without squabbling) can be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  44. My whole family would love this game! We love playing board games together and it is a great way to spend family time together!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I would love to win as I love playing board games with my kids, it's a great way to have fun together!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I'm about to move in with my in-laws (temporarily) this would be a great game to pass the time/tension :-)

    ReplyDelete
  47. My kids, wife and I would all love this game. We love playing games together as a family :)

    ReplyDelete
  48. My lovely daughter. She loves board games and we often have family game sessions on those rainy, winter afternoons.

    ReplyDelete
  49. This is perfect for the whole family

    ReplyDelete
  50. me, my husband and my oldest would love it (i'm sure the little ones would aswell when they get a bit older). We have the logoquiz app on my phone and we all enjoy that

    ReplyDelete
  51. A Perfect game for our family get to gethers xx

    ReplyDelete
  52. My nephews! They love playing family board games

    ReplyDelete
  53. Would love to play this with my 8 year old son and niece.

    ReplyDelete
  54. the whole family would enjoy this game :)

    ReplyDelete
  55. we would all love this game.it looks great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  56. would love to win this game, as it would be some good quality entertainment for the whole family

    ReplyDelete
  57. me and the kids especially my 12 year old

    ReplyDelete
  58. Id love to win this to play on our friday family night

    ReplyDelete
  59. The whole family would love this game, would be great at christmas

    ReplyDelete
  60. Lovely game to play together as a family.

    ReplyDelete
  61. All the family

    ReplyDelete
  62. All the family, we love games we can play together

    ReplyDelete
  63. My 6 nephews and 5 nieces would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  64. I'd love to win it to keep my brood of nephews and nieces happy!

    ReplyDelete
  65. We would love to play this as a family. My yd especially loves board games, so it would be a change from Junior Monopoly, Uno and the others :)

    ReplyDelete
  66. sound like its suitable for all the family buy my nieces in particular would love this as its their sort of game :)

    ReplyDelete
  67. The whole family would enjoy it, a few weekends a year we go on the weekend breaks at caravan parks, that we use as complete family time, no laptops, internet XBox etc. Is watching tv together time, and lots of board games, quite often Monopoly which ends up with the youngest having tantrums as everyone else has more money!!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Would like to win as we have never played this game and I think there would be less tantrums than we get with Monopoly!

    ReplyDelete
  69. My Hubby and I like playing board games in the evening after the kids are in bed, this would be perfect!

    @rachiegr

    ReplyDelete
  70. The whole family as everyone knows a couple of logos!

    ReplyDelete
  71. i would like to win to help keep everyone amused when this sunny weather goes!

    ReplyDelete
  72. jane greenfield8 July 2013 10:50

    my whole family would love this game

    ReplyDelete
  73. jane greenfield8 July 2013 10:51

    would love to win this for the kids

    ReplyDelete
  74. me and my flatmates. we love a good game

    ReplyDelete
  75. Congratulations to Lynsey Buchanan on winning a copy of LOGO Who Am I? - Hope you have as much fun as we did playing it.

    If you weren't a winner this time look out for my next competition coming soon to win MAGIC TOOTH FAIRY from Drumond Park.

    ReplyDelete