Elf on the Shelf
Meet Will, short for GOOD WILL our kindness Elf on the Shelf. I decided to make my own Elf on the Shelf (as quite frankly I was shocked at the price of them) but didn't want him to be naughty. We have enough bad choices to deal with in this house without introducing more ideas!
So from December 1st we are going to try and spread a bit of happiness. The children will be tasked with various things, for example:
- Smiling at 3 different people in school,
- Helping a friend out,
- Tidying their bedroom,
- Offering to do a job at home,
- Saying something nice about someone in the house and meaning it!
- Folding their clothes up,
- Writing a thank you note to someone,
- Choosing an old toy to give to charity,
- Thinking of an act of kindness that they can do,
- Giving a hug to someone they love, just because,
- Reading a story to their brother or sister.
We will see how it goes and what Will gets up to - I shall be making it up as I go along! And yes I know he looks like he has hit the Christmas Sherry, it is all part of his unique charm!!